Tis the season for setting New Year intentions/resolutions/goals (whatever languaging you choose that does the trick for you).
Yes… you’re probably tired of hearing about this, but honestly it’s important stuff if we want to actively create a life we love and not just let life happen to us.
Essentially now is a good time where we get to reflect back and see what worked, what didn’t, and what do we want to create in our lives moving forward.
To set intentions that last, it’s important that they are in alignment with Love. True lasting change and impact isn’t created by acting from fear (self-hatred, fear of failure and pleasing others are not a path to fulfillment… shocking I know.)
Three things to ask yourself that can help you create intentions that are aligned with love for this upcoming year are:
1. How do I benefit from this?
How do I want to feel as a result of accomplishing my goal? Get specific and go deep. Uncover the WHY behind your intention and make sure it is rooted in self-love.
2. How do others benefit from this?
Will my family/friends/children’s/partner’s lives be impacted for the better if I create this shift in my life? How about society as a whole? Improving ourselves has a ripple effect on those around us. Remembering this simple fact can help us stay committed to our path.
3. Who do I have to become to accomplish this?
Are there specific character traits or qualities I will have to develop? Is there a skill I will need to learn? When we create this vision it’s important to remember that changing aspects of lives means changing ourselves first. We will have to become a different version of ourselves as we grow into a new level.
After setting my goals I like to set a theme for the year that acts as a North Star guiding me towards what I’ve set out to accomplish. This theme is usually one word.
For me this year my word is CONNECTION: to myself, my community, and Source.
Here’s my “why” to give you an example of what this process might look like. Keep in mind that your process may be different. Use what works for you and leave the rest.
1. When I feel CONNECTED to my Self I make empowered choices from my truth. My intuition is more powerful. I trust myself more. I listen to my body’s needs and cycles and nourish it with whole foods and movement. I feel more open to my creative energy and I can express myself more clearly. I prioritize my pleasure and as a result feel more energized and fulfilled.
2. When I feel CONNECTED to others I am able to give love and be of service. It feels good to share my gifts, encourage those around me, and inspire others to rise. I can create the sense of mutual belonging and allow others to be seen when I open my heart to connect. This way of being gives others permission to do the same.
3. I will need to become committed to my practice if I desire to CONNECT to Source and live my purpose. I will need to develop my confidence, courage, and creativity to show up in a bigger and brighter way.
So there it is… my intention for 2017.
I’d love to hear from you now! (claiming it publicly is a great way to stay accountable )
What is your one word theme?
How does it benefit you?
How does it benefit others?
Who will you need to become to manifest your New Year intentions?
Then don’t forget to take INSPIRED ACTION that is in alignment with what you say you want. That’s when the magic happens.
Happy 2017! It’s going to be a good one I can feel it.